Thursday, November 18, 2010

Mac Directory: /usr/

As a new Mac user, I was never exposed to Linux or Unix style commands. There is this particular thing that really frustrates me whenever I try to google for instructions on how to perform certain actions on my mac.
This is it: /usr/

I spend a long time trying to find this directory but I cant even find the /usr/ folder!! So where and what is it?! Is this some form of shortform?!
After some intensive googling, I found out that /usr/ is a folder which is “hidden” in the new Mac systems. In order to view it, either we use the terminal to view the file or activate the “Show All Files in Finder” so that all the hidden files can be seen.

All you have to do is to open your terminal and paste this codes:
defaults write com.apple.Finder AppleShowAllFiles YES
It is that simple.. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment